Wednesday, April 4, 2018

It's That Time Again

Well, International Fake Journal Month snuck up on me again.  Actually, I started thinking about it back in the fall, and had what I thought was a great idea for a character.  But I talked myself out of it.  Too much research, don't know if I could get 30 days out of it, maybe it would even be considered "fiction".  So then I decided that it would be fun to do a journal with Gelli prints.  Only, I haven't really used my Gelli plate enough to figure out how to get good prints from it. It is also very messy, and I'm a procrastinator and a poor housekeeper as is, without having to clean up after every page.  Plus, I was going to be away for the last two days of March, and the first two of April.  But, once I get something in my head, it's hard to get it out, so Gelli Prints it is.  Roz suggested starting a few days late and extending after to  make the 30 days, and that worked out great.  So...

My "character" is a woman a lot like me, except that she (hopefully) is NOT a procrastinator, and does not mind the mess because she doesn't mind cleaning.  LOL.  She is curious about Gelli prints, and wants to learn  how to do them.  She is taking a month off of her regular painting and journaling in order to practice the art of printing.   She loves finding new quotes and will be using them a lot in her journal.  That's all I really know about her.  Not even her name.  Maybe I will learn more about her as the month goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment